However, some also claim that the two were best friends. he had no formal schooling, but showed an instinctive talent for the guitar. he appeared in his first film, " explorers, " at age 13. they worked as itinerant fruit pickers, and later joined the children of god religious group ( john was originally catholic, while arlyn was born jewish). river jude phoenix was an american actor and musician. his mother, arlyn ( dunetz), a bronx- born secretary, and his father, john bottom, a carpenter, met in california in 1968. his unexpected death left his fans in mourning, but it was an unfortunate accident that could have ultimately been prevented, according to the guardian. he saw then- 23- year- old phoenix " disappear in front of my very eyes. other articles from grunge. river phoenix was hollywood' s " it boy" when tragically, he died at the age of 23. river phoenix was born river jude bottom in madras, oregon.
by jean mendoza / nov. " for a time, fans blamed depp for phoenix' s tragic death. river jude phoenix ( né bottom; aug – octo) was an american actor and musician. leonardo dicaprio was also there that night. phoenix grew up in an itinerant family, as the older brother of rain phoenix, joaquin phoenix, liberty phoenix, and summer phoenix. phoenix grew up in the limelight.
phoenix grew up in an itinerant family, as older brother of rain phoenix, joaquin phoenix, liberty phoenix, and summer phoenix. on octo, river phoenix died from a drug overdose outside johnny depp' s nightclub, the viper room. river phoenix river phoenix was an american actor who had his breakthrough film role in stand by me, based on the novella by stephen king. he earned an academy award nomination for sydney lumet' s running on. at the time of his death, he was on his way to becoming a big hollywood star, and he has appeared in a few films, such as " stand by me" and " running on empty. river phoenix, actor: my own private idaho. 11, 8: 57 pm edt in the early hours of halloween in 1993, river phoenix tragically died at just 23 years old from an overdose.